Jhal Muri Recipe
Jhal Muri Recipe is the dish which anyone can make quickly at home. It is the famous breakfast dish in Bengali culture. When you are in hurry then you can choose to make this dish anytime.
If we talk about this Jhal muri recipe then you should know that “Jhal” is the Bengali word which means “spicy” whereas “Muri” is puffed rice. You can also find this snack at street side all over in India. This snack is somehow like Bhel puri as you all know about it.
It’s additionally truly light on the stomach and that’s why it is perfect as a lunch time tidbit or backup with your chai. You could attempt this at a children party or in any event, for a social gathering with companions.
An extraordinary dish to get imaginative with, this bite can likewise be served in the conventional thonga or paper cone that is extremely easy to give a vibe of the bona fide Kolkata nibble.
I might want to close by requesting that you visit my other food recipes assortment with this post. it includes, Bhelpuri, pasta recipe, Poha recipe, Chole kulche, Khaman Dhokla Recipe and Vegetable pulao. You can also visit to them.
(1 CUP = 250 ML)
- 3 Cups Puffed Rice (Muri, Murmura)
- 1 Large Boiled Potato Chopped
- 1 Small Onion (about 1/3 cup finely chopped)
- 1 Medium Tomato (about 1/3 cup chopped finely)
- ¼ cup Cucumber (chopped finely)
- 2 Green Chilies chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- ½ tbsp Salt to taste (or black salt, as per needed)
- ½ tbsp red chili powder (as per needed)
- 3/4 tbsp Cumin/Jeera powder (roasted)
- ¾ tbsp chaat masala/Amchoor powder
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts skinned
- ½ cup bareek nakmeen or sev
- lemon juice as per needed
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 2-3 Green Chilly finely chopped
***Steps For Making***
Preparation for Jhal Muri
- To make Jhal Muri, Firstly we need to take crisp puffed rice in a big bowl. If puffed rice are not crisp then you can dry them in a pan for a few minutes. After that keep them aside.
- Boil the potato and cut them into small pieces and Keep them aside.
- If you don’t have dry roast peanuts then roast them in a pan and remove the skin. Keep them aside.
- Let chop the rest of all veggies tomatoes, green chilies, cucumber, onions and coriander leaves. Keep them aside.
How to make Jhal muri
- In filled puffed rice bowl add all chopped tomatoes, cucumber, onions, potatoes, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Now you have to add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder.
- Put some lemon Juice into it. Do them a good stir.
- Add peanuts and mix them all.
- Now put one teaspoon of mustard oil and give them good stir.
- Add thin (bareek) namkeen or sev.
- At last put a pinch of turmeric powder and mix them properly.
- Now your prepared dish is ready to serve.
Note:- Always Remember that Jhal Muri should serve immediately before it turns into soft and spongy.