Dry Aloo Gobi Recipe
Dry Aloo Gobi Recipe is a traditional North Indian Punjabi dish that is very popular. If you know the recipe of this dish, then this dish can be easily made at home. So let us see further how potato Gobi vegetable is made.
Dry Aloo Gobi Recipe – This is a healthy vegetable made from potato and cauliflower. This recipe (sabzi) looks very good with phulka/roti.Since this vegetable is healthy, you can make it in day by day nourishment.Today, this Aloo Gobi sabzi is very easy and is made using very few ingredients.By adding less spices, the cauliflower itself tastes better. That is why do not spoil the taste of cauliflower by adding more spices.If you are not serving immediately, keep it covered so that it will be slightly warm till the time of eating food.
I might want to close by requesting that you visit my other food recipes assortment with this post. it includes, Bhelpuri, pasta recipe, Poha recipe, Chole kulche, Jhal Muri, Khaman Dhokla Recipe and Vegetable pulao. You can also visit to them.
- Potatoes (peeled and chopped) – 3 Qty.
- Cauliflower (cut into large pieces) – ½ medium size
- Water – 5 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 4 table spoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 table spoon
- Onion (chopped) – 3 medium size
- Ginger (grated) – 1 table spoon
- Garlic (peeled) – 4-5 buds
- Green chilies (chopped) – 2 qty.
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 3 qty.
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp.
- Hing – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – ½ table spoon
- Garam Masala – 1 table spoon.
- Coriander (chopped) – for garnish
***Steps For Making***
- First heat a pan, add 3 cups of water in it. Then add a teaspoon of salt, allow the water to boil on high heat. Now add chopped potatoes and Cauliflower.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on high flame for 2 minutes. Now remove the lid, sieve and separate the water and vegetable. Now warm 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Now insert the hinge. Then add vegetables and fry them. Allow to cook for 13-15 minutes, until it becomes soft. Meanwhile, take garlic buds in a bowl and chopped it.
- Add crushed/paste ginger to it. Then add a pinch of salt, make a paste and keep it on the side. Add tomatoes to a mixer jar. Grind these tomatoes and make them puree and keep them on the side.
- Next, warm 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Next include cumin seeds and let it brown till dark colored. Now include onion and fry it till it turns brilliant dark colored.
- After this, add ginger and garlic paste to it. Now include chopped green chilies and tomato puree. Mix well. Now include (salt to taste) and red chili powder.
- Mix well, cover with a lid. Let it cook on high heat for five minutes. Now remove the lid then add garam masala and it mix well.
- Add half a cup of water. Now add fried vegetables and fry well. Now add half a cup of water again, reduce the flame to low. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add half a cup of water and cover again. Let it cook on high heat for 7-8 minutes. Remove the lid, mix well and take out in a bowl.
- At last garnish the Sabzi with green coriander leaves and serve hot…
How to serve Dry Aloo Gobi Recipe-
Serve this Dry Aloo Gobi with roti or paratha. Serve Dal Rice and Cucumber Salad along with a complete meal.
* This nutrition information is an approximate estimate of 2 member’s share.